Essential Job Functions
- Utilize the nursing process by demonstrating appropriate assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the Medical Surgical patient's care, as evidenced by patient, family and direct observation.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with physicians, other nurses, and other team members to assure the well-being of patients and families.
- Promotes and works to achieve a patient/family centered care environment including a strong commitment to patient/family privacy, safety and satisfaction.
- Change management: Actively participates and contributes to department performance improvement initiatives, team member employee engagement activities, has the ability to alter practice in the ever-changing healthcare environment.
- Adheres to the hospital and department policies, procedures, and culture of Lake Health.
Associates Degree in Nursing, BSN preferred.
License/Certification: AHA BLS required.
One-year Medical Surgical Experience preferred.
Excellent customer service skills. Ability to multi-task, with attention to detail. Excellent communication skills. Knowledge of computer systems. Ability to work independently, with limited oversight, excellent critical thinking skills, able to problem solve. Incumbent will be required to work at any facility and be responsible for own transportation.