This Multilingual Medical Information Specialist position is responsible for providing a high quality Medical Information service in respect of designated clients/products.
Essential Functions Include:
Medical Information service delivery
• Providing a high quality medical information enquiry handling service by answering technical questions in respect of designated products in an accurate, confident and professional manner. Enquiries may be received via phone, letter, email and fax.
• Complying with the specific Working Practices which have been agreed with designated clients as well as following processes which may be documented in Client Instructions/other documentation.
• Ensuring that tasks are completed within the deadlines documented in the agreed ProPharma Group Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Working Practices (WPs).
• Recognising adverse events and defective product reports and handling and reporting these in strict compliance with agreed ProPharma Group SOPs and WPs.
• Translating English documents into the target language or vice versa, and delivering these translated responses either on the phone or in writing.
• Using existing standard responses to prepare medical information correspondence (via client databases) or taking responsibility for liaising with the Medical Information Support Services (MISS) department to request the generation of medical information correspondence.
• Logging all enquiries handled in an accurate, comprehensive and timely fashion in to Enquiry Handling Systems.
• Liaising with Medical Information Assistants to ensure data received from clients is saved on file in a timely manner where applicable.
• Ensuring that any confidential information or personal data related to ProPharma Group and its clients is managed in accordance with Data Privacy regulations as described in ProPharma Group SOPs.
• Maintaining awareness of, and ensuring compliance with, the legal requirements and professional guidelines associated with the provision of medical information on behalf of the Pharmaceutical Industry.
• Maintaining quality in all areas of the job, particularly reporting of Adverse Events, Product Quality Complaints and logging enquiries into Enquiry Handling Systems.
• Performing quality checks on Adverse Events, Product Quality Complaints, correspondence to ensure accuracy in all areas of the job.
• Quality checking translations in line with the translation SOP.
• Performing additional tasks within the Company as delegated by the Manager.
• Having a good working knowledge of, and to comply with, the SOPs of ProPharma Group.
• Complying with the Company's health and safety policies.
• Ensuring the Confidentiality Statement within the Contract of Employment is adhered to at all times in respect of the data and property of ProPharma Group, its clients and employees of the business